In my personal small group, we agreed to make a list of three things that we are thankful for. We are doing this every day for the next week.
This made me think of SYM’s weekly prayer time. We ask clients, as one step in our prayer, to complete the sentence,
“I’m thankful for ________________.”
I asked my group of guys (in my personal small group), what is the most popular response?
- It could be to get a beer or a joint.
- It could be to have someone be nice to me today or kick me down $10.
- Or, it might be to get a house or a car.
But do you know what the most popular response is?
- “I’m thankful to be alive.”
- “I’m thankful for another day of life.”
- “I’m thankful I woke up this morning.”
Gives one a moment to pause for sure.
Street youth can teach us a lot if we let them.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1j7OX0s