October 8, 2015
We currently have a need for lots of adult socks. We are now in the season for cooler and colder weather.
|Image courtesy of Suat Eman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
If you can give new socks, that would be great. Clean or unstained used socks are fine too!
You might be able to find some deals for $1 a pair for socks?
|Image courtesy of Gualberto107 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1L8LaMM
July 3, 2014
Our clothing closet is now open every Thursday, from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Here’s a rare sight!
These are the men’s shoes we have.
They will be gone in no time at all.
Donations accepted at:
University United Methodist Church
2409 Guadalupe St.
We’d appreciate it if you label them “For Street Youth Ministry.”
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1vCixzg
June 29, 2014
Part of An Interview by Lael Weatherby, March 15, 2014
My name’s Terry Cole. I started Street Youth Ministry. People are always asking: What difference does it make? How do you know you’re succeeding?
It takes a long time to see success in the form that you want to see it, which is somebody completely changing their life. Giving up drugs, getting a house, getting a job, going to school, and making their life really, really good. That’s a long process, and it can be hard to see the progress.
We have activities because you have to do something, but every activity is ministry. Every activity is a chance to show Christ’s love. And so, that’s what we try to do all the time. We have a Tuesday meal that includes bible study and food, and we give out the donated clothing and whatever else has been donated. But we do the food first, and if you want to leave, you can leave.
And then we talk about the bible, but we don’t force anybody to believe anything. We don’t force anybody to listen. If they want to take a nap or read a book, they can. It’s very compassionate and understanding that maybe they are not in a good place today that they want to participate. But they can stay there, it’s okay with us.
And then we have stuff at the end, no matter whether you stayed, whether you participated, whether you listened, it’s there. It’s been given to us, and if it will help you, it’s yours.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1vjWDRi
June 15, 2014
Biggest needs for drop-off donations:
- reusable water bottles (300-400 for the summer),
- adult shorts,
- practical shoes (mens and women) for summer–tennis,
- work shoes,
- adult swimwear (especially women’s),
- CASH for our intern programs
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1p4pr0b
March 28, 2014
We can shop at smile.amazon.com until March 31, 2014 and Amazon will donate an extra $5 to Street Youth Ministry.
- Go to http://ift.tt/1aWn6xc
- Log in with Your Email Address and Your Amazon Password
- Scroll down under “Or pick your own charitable organization:” enter this in the field – Street Youth Ministry Of Austin
- Press the Search button
- Choose the entry that is for Austin, TX
- Shop and make sure your items states “Eligible for amazonsmile donation.”
Terms and Conditions (listed on the website):
- One donation per customer.
- Limited time offer. You must complete a purchase at smile.amazon.com including one or more items eligible for an AmazonSmile donation between 12:00 a.m. (PT) March 24, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. (PT) March 31, 2014. In addition, this promotion will expire after aggregate donations have reached $1 million.
- The $5 donation will be made through the AmazonSmile program at smile.amazon.com under the same terms and at the same time as other donations made through the program, and will be in addition to the 0.5% donation made on the purchase price of your eligible item(s).
- Offer valid for customers located and with billing addresses in the United States.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- If any of the products related to this promotion are returned, the donation will not be made.
- If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
- Void where prohibited.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1hBqKMV
February 4, 2014
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1cQDeSY
February 2, 2014
T H A N K S!
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1kxJUa3
January 26, 2014
What can your clothes donations do?
A simple pair of gloves donated can replace a pair of torn and worn gloves.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1foz82K